YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday 22 February 2014

This is how I did it! - DIY bear bag

Bear bags are like a must have accessory, but you don't really see them in shops and they can be a tad too expensive for me. So I thought I make one myself or two :)




Front


The back - the tail is attached to the zip.


Bear bags are so awesome, they're really cute and pretty easy to make. Here's one I made from a small bear, it doesn't hold much because it's so small. The strap on it goes over your shoulder and it's just basically for things like your phone or purse.

If you want to make one like this here is a tutorial you can use: http://egl.livejournal.com/11582191.html#cutid1 I didn't use this tutorial but it's very similar to the technique I used.



And unfortunately I didn't take photos whilst making it. So I made a another bear bag, a bear backpack!
And I'm gonna show you how to do it =D

This is what you will need:

  • A bear
  • lining fabric
  • Scissors
  • Pins
  • Sewing machine
  • needle and thread
  • zip
  • leather for the straps



Cut a hole in the bag of the bear that is less than the length of the zip, take the stuffing out of the torso of the bear but leave the stuffing in the limbs and head (also leave some in the torso so that when you put things inside the back the shape won't change). 


 Fold the lining in half and sew two edges together leaving a gap at the top that is as long as the hole in the bear's back.


 Place the lining into the hole so that the nice side of the lining fabric is on the inside.



  Sew the bottom of the zip into the base of the hole this should be near the tail.



Line up the zip (wrong side out), the edge of the hole and the lining as shown.

  Sew along the zip/edge of hole to attach the zip to the bear and also the lining.


Then sew on the straps to the middle/back of the head and the top of the legs.

Hope you found this helpful stay tuned for more DIYs and fashion posts (≧◡≦)




No comments:

Post a Comment