YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 18 July 2016

How to make pumpkin spice latte - easy recipe

Yes I know it's not autumn yet but I love autumn and Halloween and I can't wait! I LOVE to sit inside and watch a movie with a nice cup of hot tea, coffee or hot cocoa. I'm sure you've heard of Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte and I must admit I thought it was all expensive hype, but last fall I actually tried a cup and it surprised me! It tasted so good, so I bought another the next morning on my way to Uni, and then another, and another until I realised I'd been spending too much on them as the Starbucks employees had learned my name by heart hehe oops 🙊

So I did some research into the flavours in the drink, as well as making a mental note when tasting the original PSL and I took a walk to my local grocery store and bought some ingredients. Please note that I wanted to make a more affordable version of the drink but also make it taste as good, so it's not totally fresh or anything but hey!

These are the ingredients I used:

🎃 Nescafe vanilla latte, this can obviously be substituted for coffee and vanilla syrup but I'm too lazy to take extra time making a drink and measuring everything out. This shortcut works fine though in my opinion.

🎃 Pumpkin puree, you can buy this in cans but the first time I made this I used a whole pumpkin and kept the rest for a jack-o-latern, which I have to post a pic of cuz I made it into Frank from Donnie Darko and I'm pretty proud haha.

🎃 Whipped cream, this is optional but to me it makes the drink complete. Just erm make sure you remember to workout because this drink is quite addictive and I'm NOT exaggerating.

🎃 Cinnamon, I'm gonna say that this is optional because if I remember correctly I didn't actually use cinnamon but it's totally up to you.

1. So what you do is you make the coffee first, just like a normal coffee. If you buy the Nescafe pouches then just follow the instructions. (If you use pumpkin pulp then don't make the coffee yet).

2. Next you'll want to get your pumpkin juice and cook it for a few minutes, this should change the flavour a bit so that you don't get that raw pumpkin taste. Just cook it long enough for it to be warm but don't boil it. If you use a whole pumpkin then scoop the inside out, and cook it in a pot with water(alternatively you can blend it into a puree but I don't have a blender). When the juices of the pulp have flavoured the water (you can check by tasting) you can pour it into a cup with the coffee sachet.

3. Add in a half teaspoon of cinnamon or however much you prefer, stir and taste to see whether you want to add more.

4. Finish buy spraying whipped cream over the top, here you can add a little sprinkle of cinnamon or what I like to do is save some of the coffee sachet and sprinkle that on top. And enjoy!

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you try this out and if you made any changes

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment