YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 26 July 2013

tutu skirt DIY



Pink tutus are so fairy kei, and you can wear them under skirts as petticoats because they can make them really puffy. There isn't a photo of the finished tutu because I didn't buy enough tulle          :(   (But as soon as I finish it you'll get to see it). Instead I got pics of other ones:












What you will need:

  • Tulle 6" wide, I think I had 25 yards and that only made about a third of my tutu. I wanted to make mine really full, So I suggest you use at least 50 yards.
  • Elastic enough to fit around your waist.
  • A tape measure.
  • scissors.



First roll out the tulle and measure 18" of it.



Fold it over on itself as shown.



Cut it where it overlaps the end, You should have a strip that is 36" long.


Fold it in half.


Place it over the elastic, then pull the ends behind the elastic and through the hoop. Pull the ends down to tie it.


 This is what it will look like, Continue to tie the strips of tulle onto the elastic until you are happy with it. Optional - to make it more secure you can sew the knots onto the elastic, If you do this you need to use elastic thread so that it doesn't break when it stretches.

Have fun making your own! :D







No comments:

Post a Comment